Products must be brand new, with a similar guarantee and in stock
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ONLINE PURCHASES
The following terms and conditions (referred to as the Terms) apply to all purchases made from this website. By placing an order you are making an offer to Richer Sounds PLC (referred to as us/we/our) to purchase the items ordered subject to the Terms. The offer is only accepted when we process the order and dispatch the items, and once accepted by us shall constitute a binding agreement between you and us.
Please therefore read this document carefully before placing your order.
These terms do not affect your statutory rights.
Acknowledgement and Receipt of Orders
• Orders are acknowledged by email as soon as possible. Any email or other acknowledgment from us does not constitute our legal acceptance of your order. The offer is only accepted when we process the order and dispatch the items.
• We will email you a copy of your receipt, either separately or within the acknowledgement. The receipt is confirmation that we have received your authorisation to take the monies shown from the relevant payment partner. The receipt also serves as the required proof of purchase for any returns, so please ensure you retain the email and/or a hard copy in a safe place.
Your order for goods is subject to availability. If we do not supply goods to you for any reason we will inform you of the situation and will not charge you for those goods, we will obviously refund any money already paid by you for the goods.
Only one special offer may be redeemed per order, and only one such offer may be redeemed per household.
14 Day Returns – Your Statutory Rights
If you wish to return goods, you should notify Richer Sounds of your intention to do so within 14 days of the date of receipt by you. You then have an additional 14 days to return the goods from this notification date (goods should be returned within 28 days). We will in such circumstances refund you the cost of your order, including postage, and also the cost of return postage assessed at the most efficient method of sending. However, if goods are not returned "as new" due to excessive handling on your part, or with components missing (including packing materials and manuals) we may make a reasonable deduction for this.
12 Month Guarantee
• In addition to your statutory rights, should any item purchased on the website develop a fault within the first 12 months from delivery to you, we shall offer to repair or replace the faulty items without charge to you. The foregoing 12 month guarantee is subject to the following conditions:
- the fault developed through normal domestic use only; and
- the guarantee does not include normal wear and tear, in particular the erosion of parts which are designed to wear is not included; and
- you have not allowed repairs to be carried out on the items other than by us or our appointed agents (which acts will invalidate this guarantee).
• If we are required to send an engineer to your home to inspect and repair a product, and that product is subsequently found to be in good working order, we will charge you for the costs we incur for the call-out (typically £50.00). At the time of booking the call, we will ask you to guarantee the cost of the call-out before instructing the engineer by securing a credit or debit card deposit. We will only charge the abortive call-out fee to your debit or credit card if no fault is found.
• We shall have the right, in the first 12 months, to require products to be recalled if there is found to be a fault in that product range which is hazardous to users. In such instances we shall refund you the full costs
Payment and Prices
• The price for the goods will be as stipulated on the website at the time when you place your order. We are entitled to update the price on the website from time to time to take account of any increase in our supplier’s prices, or the imposition of any new taxes or duties, or if due to an error or omission on the price published for the goods on our website is wrong. However, once you place your order the price will be locked at that point.
• We try to ensure that all prices displayed on our website are accurate.
• The price of the goods on your order will need to be validated by us prior to processing your order. If there is a problem, we will inform you of the correct price and will give you the opportunity to purchase the goods at the correct price.
We can currently accept payment of your order by Visa, Mastercard, Delta/Connect and Maestro only. We also accept Paypal payments. Payment by cheque or cash on delivery is not accepted. Unfortunately we do not offer credit facilities.
• Payment for goods must be made in accordance with our purchase procedure. All orders are positively credit card sanctioned prior to despatch. We cannot accept responsibility if any details you provide us with are incorrect or if any order is held up as a result of incorrect details.
• All prices on our website are in pounds sterling and inclusive of VAT but exclusive of our very reasonable delivery charges, which will be payable as indicated at the time of placing your order.
• We regret that we cannot accept orders for and make deliveries to addresses outside of mainland Britain. For delivery addresses within the mainland, we will endeavour to deliver the goods within the times stated in our Purchase Procedure, but time shall not be of the essence. If no times are specified, delivery shall be within a reasonable time.
• Should delivery be delayed by us for more than 7 working days from the delivery date you have the right to contact us and cancel the order. In this case we will happily refund you any money paid for the goods.
• We reserve the right to charge for re-delivery if you are not present at the agreed original delivery date.
• Please check the condition of all products delivered as soon as they are received. Unless evidence to the contrary is produced, it is our policy to treat any damage reported after 24 hours from delivery as having occurred whilst in your possession. Of course the last thing we want is a disappointed customer, so please help us to make sure that your goods are in the best possible condition by checking the condition of the product as soon as possible.
• As soon as we have delivered the goods to you, you will be responsible for them. When we deliver the goods we will require you to sign for them. If you are not able to sign for a delivery, we will do our utmost to let you know when we intend to redeliver the goods again. Our responsibility for everything other than damage due to our negligence will end at the time the carrier tried to delivery the goods to you.
• Title in the goods will pass on delivery. Should you return the goods pursuant to conditions set out under these terms and conditions, then title in the goods shall revert to us when you return the goods to us.
• LED/OLED: Please note that today's production techniques cannot guarantee an absolutely perfect LED/OLED display and buyers should be aware of the possibility of imperfections in the form of a few isolated constantly lit or unlit pixels (or stuck pixels). As a result of this, there is a commonly accepted tolerance level by which LED/OLED screens may display such imperfections without being classified as faulty. As such, we can only take back displays as faulty for refund/repair if the number of affected pixels exceeds the manufacturer's guidelines, subject to the Terms and Conditions. There may also be differences in the backlight brightness across the screen than could be noticeable on static and predominantly single coloured moving images and letter boxed images Please check with the relevant manufacturer as to their tolerance level.
• Many of the goods we sell are of a technical nature and unfortunately it is not practical to publish detailed specifications of all the goods and keep specifications 100% up to date. All drawings, descriptive matter, specifications and advertising on our website are for the sole purpose of giving approximate descriptions of the goods. However, if your goods do not conform to the specification displayed on the website relating to such goods at the date of purchase, we will arrange for collection of the goods from you and you will be entitled to receive a refund on production of the proof of purchase (sale receipt).
• We shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay for delivery of the items.
• We shall not be liable to you, for any failure or delay in performance of our contract, if it is due to an event beyond our reasonable control. Including, without limitation, acts of God, war, industrial dispute, fire, flood, tempest and national emergencies and if so delayed we shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of time for performing such obligations.
• We operate a complaints handling procedure which we will use to try to resolve disputes when they first arise. We will however endeavour to acknowledge all complaints within 7 working days. If you have a complaint please contact us at:
Richer Sounds Internet
Unit 2 Gallery Court
1-7 Pilgrimage Street
London SE1 4LL
Tel: 0333 900 0094
E mail: email@example.com
• If you are not satisfied with the manner in which your complaint has been handled and/or the complaint remains unsolved please write to:-
Richer Sounds PLC
London SE1 4BR
• If our Customer Service team has been unable to resolve your complaint, you may refer your complaint to Alternative Dispute Resolution For Retail. You can direct your complaint to:
Mail: Retail ADR
Tel: 020 3540 8063
Alternatively, you can direct your complaint to the EU Online Dispute Resolution platform, which is available at www.ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr
The contract between us shall be deemed, to have been made in England and shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
It has been brought to our attention that other online retailers have implied on their sites that our Founder, Julian Richer, has a connection to their business. This is not the case – and we would like to set the matter straight to avoid customers being misled.
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
• This website is operated by us, Richer Sounds PLC (registered number 1402643) whose registered office is Richer House, Hankey Place, London SE1 4BB (referred to as us/we/our).
• We grant you (the user) a non-exclusive licence to use this website upon the following terms and conditions.
• We reserve the right to terminate this licence at any time without notice.
Materials in Site
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed by us. This material includes but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. It is protected by intellectual property laws, including but not limited to copyright.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to us, are acknowledged on the website.
• You may view, use, download and store the material on this website for personal and research only. Commercial use of the material on this website is not permitted. The redistribution, republication, or otherwise making available of the material on this website to third parties without our prior written consent is prohibited.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
Accuracy of Information
• The information in this website is given in good faith. It is subject to change without notice. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies and (except as set out under the heading “Liability”) make no representation and give no warranty as to its accuracy. Please see our Terms and Conditions of Sale regarding the basis on which we will provide goods and services to you. In particular please also see section “Payment and Prices” of the Terms and Conditions of Sale regarding changes to the price of products.
• Nothing on this website is intended to be nor should be construed as an offer to enter into a contractual relationship.
• This website contains links to other websites. We accept no responsibility or liability for the content of other websites which are not under our strict control. Any link is not intended to be, nor should be construed as, an endorsement of any kind by us of that other website. Any arrangements made between you and any third party named or referred to on this website are entirely at your sole risk and responsibility.
• You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without our prior written consent.
• We do not guarantee that use of this website will be compatible with all hardware and software which may be used by visitors to the site.
• Except as set out in the clause below, we will be under no liability to you whatsoever whether in contract, tort (including negligence) breach of statutory duty, restitution or otherwise for any injury, death, damage or direct, indirect or consequential loss (all three of which terms include without limitation, pure economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and like loss) howsoever caused arising out of any information or other materials contained in this website, including, without limitation, as a result of any computer virus or any errors in the content of this website or any communication from us regarding the same.
• These terms and conditions do not exclude our liability (if any) to you for personal injury or death resulting from our negligence, for fraud or for any matter which it would be illegal for us to exclude or to attempt to exclude our liability.
• These terms and conditions (including the privacy statement detailed above) contain all the terms which you have agreed with us in relation to the use of the website.
Jurisdiction and Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
• This website is controlled and operated by us from our offices in England. The information, existence, construction, performance, validity in all aspects whatsoever of these terms and conditions or of any terms of these terms and conditions or any dispute in relation to the material contained in this website shall be governed by English Law and where a dispute arises in Wales, the applicable law will be English law as applied in Wales. The English and Welsh courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions of use of the website.
• Your continued use of this website indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to change these terms from time to time. Any such changes shall not affect any contract subsisting between us at the time of such change. Please check them before you make any new purchase. We advise you, our valued customer, to print and keep safe a copy of these terms and conditions for your reference.