Products must be brand new, with a similar guarantee and in stock
At Richer Sounds, we believe in doing right by our customers, our staff, our suppliers and our communities. Below is a sample of how we try to do our bit.
For the community and world at large
- We donate 15% of profits to a number of charities (over 400 last year) – more than any of the other 2 million+ UK businesses (as far as we’re aware).
- We are accredited by The Fair Tax Mark for paying tax and reporting our tax transparently.
- Richer Unsigned, a not-for-profit organisation that we set up in 2014, is devoted to helping and championing musicians.
- On Record Store Day and the days that surround it, we believe we’re the biggest supporters of independent records shops, including Sister Ray and Rough Trade as well as others around the country local to our stores.
- We pay our bills on time (or even early!), doing our bit to help our suppliers avoid cash flow problems. In fact our average payment time is 18 days – over twice as fast as the national norm.
- We have a comprehensive environmental policy aimed at reducing carbon emissions, consumption of energy and landfill waste.
- Our business is founded on the ethical principles of being decent, honest and truthful and hopefully runs through everything we do.
For our customers
- Every one of our sales colleagues signs an ethical selling pledge when they start working with us.
- The help we provide doesn’t stop at the door as you exit. We’re here for our customers long after they leave. We’ll help with setting up – we’re available in-store or over the phone and can even talk you through installation options, if needed.
- Our teams aren’t just here if you run in to difficulties, they can offer advice on getting the full potential out of your system and can help when you take the next steps to upgrade.
- Our Price Beat guarantees you’ll pay the lowest price – up to 7 days after purchase.
- We have the lowest priced extended warranties in the business – a fraction of the prices of many other major retailers, plus a free 6 year guarantee on most TVs and projectors if you are a VIP Club member (free and easy to join).
- If you buy one of our Supercare guarantees on hi-fi and AV products you can have your money back in full if it is unused after 6 years.
- Need help at home or at your place of work figuring out how to put together the ideal AV/TV or hi-fi system for your needs? Our free, no obligation, at home (or place of work) survey provides just what you need.
- We do our best to be helpful to people with disabilities by providing bells to call for assistance if needed and free delivery.
- We are ‘Which? Recommended Provider’ accredited.
- If you haven’t heard of us, we have been around since 1978 and have served hundreds of thousands of customers. We hold a Royal Warrant for supplying electrical equipment to His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales and have been a Guinness World Record holder for sales per square foot for over 20 years.
For our colleagues
- We’re committed to the Living Wage for all our colleagues and were one of the very first retailers to become Living Wage Foundation accredited (As opposed to the much lower government-imposed National Living Wage).
- We don’t believe in giving our colleagues unfair zero-hour contracts.
- We have doors on our shops to protect our colleagues from the prolonged dangers of pollution.
- Our Hardship fund provides for our employees in cases of emergency.
- We believe that happy colleagues = happy customers, so we do our best to look after them well with company-paid holiday homes to ensure all get a well-deserved break, free private doctor consultations, subsidised gym membership and other valuable perks to encourage their health and wellbeing.