Designed to cover the rear of ceiling speakers, this fire hood is required by legislation for many new buildings. Whether legally required or not, we would recommend them as a safety precaution. Using a fire hood helps resist the spread of fire through the various floors of a building.
A further advantage of this hood is that it prevents the leakage of sound upwards – potentially into another property.
HOODY Speaker Hoods meet all relevant UK building and IEE Regulations. Custom designed for ceiling speakers, HOODY is Parts B,L,C and E compliant and offers fire protection for up to 66 minutes for all circular and rectangular speaker designs from 3” to 10”.
It’s a requirement for all speakers that are installed below any habitable rooms and escape routes to be treated. A standard two storey house for example will require all the ground floor speaker locations to have hoods fitted. If a house has three floors the regulations require hoods to be fitted on the ground and first floor speakers.
The HOODY 4 dimensions are - Length 450mm / Width 350mm / Depth 180mm
- Representative 21.9% APR (variable)
- Purchase rate 21.9% p.a. (variable)
- Assumed credit limit £1,200
Pay in 3 interest-free payments so you can spread the cost. No fees when you pay on time.
- Add item(s) to your cart (up to £1500)
- Go to checkout and choose Klarna
- Enter your debit or credit card information.
- To check your eligibility, Klarna will perform a soft search with a credit reference agency. This will not affect your credit score.
- Spread the cost in 3 interest-free payments. The first payment is made at point of purchase, with the remaining 2 payments scheduled automatically every 30 days. No fees when you pay on time.
You must be 18+ to use this credit offer. Credit subject to status. T&Cs apply. Klarna uses soft searches with credit reference agencies. These do not affect your credit rating. Missed payments can affect your ability to use Klarna. Pay in 3 installments complete terms.